|Ask this chimp.|
Anyway, Bill posted a list entitled "Ten Things I Can't Do (among many others)." Probably the "among many others" is the part I identified with most. Which which I most identified. Whatever.
But I like lists, and I certainly am always up for self-denigration. So I thought I'd post my own list of things I can't do. It goes without saying that 10 barely scratches the surface of what I'm no damn good at. But you gotta start somewhere, right?
So here we go: Ten Things Chuck Baudelaire Can't Do.
1. Play video games well. (I get defeated and/or bored very quickly)
2. Control my temper. (I've been told by my daughter that flipping off scowling Latino men in hoodies after they cut me off in traffic is not a wise course of action. Hey, I'm still here. They must think I'm cute.)
3. Wear miniskirts. (I don't even try. You're welcome.)
4. Stop drinking. (That's not "can't" so much as "won't," but I know some people refuse to make that distinction. Those people have no imagination.)
5. Forgive those who have wronged me. (Abandoning Christianity has made holding grudges much easier.)
6. Knit. (Those of you who can, I am in absolute freaking awe of you.)
7. Watch movies set in the Marvel universe. (I saw the first Iron Man. I enjoyed it. I'm good stopping there, really.)
8. Understand people who think homosexuality is a sin. (This is not an original thought, but: IF YOU DON'T LIKE GAY MARRIAGE, THEN DON'T GET GAY MARRIED.)
9. Keep a clean house. (Pick two rooms, and I'll keep them clean. Beyond that, embrace the chaos or move along.)
10. Overcome inertia. (Hey, inertia...fuck you. Seriously.)
On the other hand, I can change a flat tire, cook an awesome Thanksgiving turkey, make my teenager laugh, and sing high harmony.
What are YOUR cans and can'ts? Don't be afraid to share - it's what makes us awesome.