America needs five things to exist:
1. A democratically elected President.
2. A peaceful transition of power from one administration to the next.
3. A Congress that puts the will of the people above partisan politics.
4. A Supreme Court composed of nine justices chosen for their wisdom and experience and not their adherence to a particular ideology.
5. People who respect the Constitution, even when they don't agree with each other.
If everybody votes, and if everybody's votes reflect their sincere belief in electing those who reflect those values (regardless of party, popular opinion, or goddamn Internet memes), then we will have a fair and democratic election.
If keyboard warriors bitch without casting a ballot...
...if closed-minded voters go straight-ticket without considering other candidates...
...if Americans allow social media posts to influence their decisions more than thoughtful attention to objective news sources...
...if rhetoric is given more weight than detailed policy statements...
...if every vote is not made seriously, enthusiastically, and without a desire to screw the opposition at the expense of supporting a qualified candidate...
We're fucked, America.
Regardless of who wins, we're about to experience a nationwide political polarization that makes the last eight years look like the recording session for "We Are the World."
Vote, motherfuckers. Believe in democracy, and vote.
You may not get you want.
But if you try sometimes, you might find...you get what you need.